Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Mad Men s3.3

Mad Men Season 3, Episode 3
My Old Kentucky Home
--Sunday night on AMC

(my weekly segment about the Mad Men tv series because I love it so) - picking up on this again now that September Zombies week 2009 has ended

Episode Synopsis from TV Guide:
A mandatory overtime session leaves the writers trying to stave off late-night boredom; Roger throws a party, and Joan and Greg host one of their own; and Sally and Grandpa have a run-in.

For a great recap go to What's Alan Watching?

My thoughts
:
There is so much going on in the show on so many different levels and layers and overall. I've decided that I'm going to post my brief thoughts on the women of the show. Let me know your thoughts in comments below.

Peggy - very assertive. Really liking the direction her character is going.

Joan - played the perfect hostess. She dazzles. Poor Joan. But there's hope. I think there was a flicker of enlightenment on what a jerk her new husband is. Loved her accordion performance.

Betty - ever the ice queen.

Sally - is she a Betty in the making?

Jane - poor Jane, what has she gotten herself into?

Trudy - a real game player. what a great match for Pete.

Jennifer - oh but she is trying so hard to be part of the "in group" - painful to watch.

Amusing quotes:
I'm at work disguised as a party.
-chatting with a fellow party member while concocting his signature drink - an old fashioned
-Don

I wish you were waiting for me.
-romantic pickup line to get Betty's attention
-Henry Francis (guest at the party)

Yummy Blogosphere bit:

Found this Mad Men themed cupcake at Cupcakes Take the Cake.

It is a white cake with Jack Daniels frosting and a candy cigarette with "ashes," aka cookie crumbs, by Cupcakes N Cones of Santa Clara, CA.

I'll take one!

*The illustrated image in this post above is #3.3 C'est Magnifique by Dyna Moe.

If you haven't already check out my Mad Men and Jane Austen mashup giveaway - offer ends September 19, 2009.

 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu