Wednesday, November 11, 2009

28 Days Later comic - 1

28 Days Later
comic book #1

Written by Michael Alan Nelson
Interior art by Declan Shalvey
Publisher: BOOM! Studios
Genre: Zombies
released: August 2009


Description from Comic Book Resources:
Bridging the gap between 28 DAYS LATER and 28 WEEKS LATER, a few key questions will be answered along the way: what happened to Selena after 28 DAYS LATER? How did Selena happen upon the machete she wields in 28 DAYS LATER?

My thoughts:
In-a-word: dark

Because I liked both movies 28 Days Later (my review) and 28 Weeks Later (my review), I picked up this new comic book series for more backstory. Good stuff. The illustrations are set in dark moody scenes which portrays the zombocalyptic world and Selena's state of mind well.

Being a comic book, the story is short and sweet and leaves you hungering for more. As you can see from this post there were three different covers created for the first issue. I ended up with the second, Selena with machete.

The first comic introduces Selena alone in a tent in the dark. She is asked to join a band of people who want to go back into zombie infested London. Will she or won't she?

She does! ack! But why? This is the bait for me to continue reading this series.


The zombies in the comic were pretty much looking like the ones on this third cover. Not too gruesome. Lookie at those red eyes...

Series:
comic #1
comic #2
comic #3

*part of my Weekly Zombies
 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu