Sunday, April 9, 2017

Excerpt: Love Letters to the World by Meia Geddes

Love Letters to the World
by Meia Geddes
-Poetry
Amazon | Goodreads

Love Letters to the World addresses the world as body, concept, stranger.
It is a quiet celebration and exploration of life, love, language, and one's place in the world.


Excerpt:

My dear world,

I wonder if you would agree with me that slip is a very good word. Slip is currently my favorite word, though I have never had a favorite word before. Maybe slip is my new favorite word because all the lovely intangibles can slip into your life without your noticing until the slip of your being realizes it is so. Maybe it is because I have a need to slip my life into you in ways unknown, maybe because you, world, are a slip of a word. Maybe because it relates to the way one wants to live, leaving an imprint but no more, maybe because I like the way bodies can slip into one another, maybe because a slip as a garment is ever contradictory, a container yet not. A slippage, what has not come to pass or what has passed, a bit of nothingness or a bit of everything if one considers all a slip of paper might hold. The word slip contains and offers itself. Maybe one should aspire to be a slip, to slip.

With love,
M

~*~

* excerpt courtesy of author


 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu