Saturday, April 1, 2017

Stacking the Shelves & Sunday Post - 4.1.17

Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews (details)
AND
Sunday Post hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer (details)

~*~

Another slow reading week. Too busy doing other things as the kid is home on spring break from college. A friend came along to visit as well. So, tourist stuff is in order :-)

~*~

Bought:

how to be both
by Ali Smith
-art, historical, literature
-on Man Booker Prize 2014 short list
Amazon | Goodreads


Author event:

WITH a full house and books sold out, Booksmith of San Francisco, hosted an evening with Sarah Andersen. As I was too far to see anything, I grabbed a photo of the author from instagram. Sarah treated us to a slide show of some of illustrations in her latest book and read its captions. Q&A and a signing followed.

We found out that she started drawing comics at age 11. Webcomics is where she likes to read comics. She is currently working on illustrations for a longer story piece that is fairy tale themed.


Big Mushy Happy Lump:
A Sarah's Scribbles Collection
by Sarah Andersen
-Comics, Humor
Amazon | Goodreads


OTHER things:

JOINED another reading challenge (here) to shake up my already full schedule ;-)

APRIL is National Poetry Month and I will be incorporating some poetry into the reading mix from (here).

APRIL is also the Write_On Challenge sponsored by Write_On (here). It is a call to action to write 30 letters in 30 days during April, National Letterwriting Month. I received this writing kit from Write_On to kick off the month.


~*~

* comment and TELL me what you have acquired for your shelves recently

10 comments:

  1. I had a disappointing reading week too but I made up for it by ordering a big pile of books from Amazon. *sighs* I'll never get my tbr sorted if I keep buying! But they all look so good...I grabbed zombies, apocalypses and urban fantasy again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you couldn't actually see Sarah Andersen, but it sounds like you got to learn some fun things about her anyway! Hope you have a better reading week this week!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vii is a busy, busy bee lol Hope you & young-uns have a wonderful time and am sure you will be an epic guide <3

    Not much going on here [surprise], however kiddo and I are on a Chinese movie binge - adding to our collection while rewatching old favorites such as The Great Magician & Shaolin :D

    Have a beautiful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't have a good week of reading, either. Work kept me super busy. Have a great upcoming week!


    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for National Letterwriting Month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I imagine this coming week will be my slow week with my mom in town and my daughter on spring break. Hopefully I can sneak in some reading. :-) I hope you had a nice visit with your kid. Mine is only six--so college is still a ways away. It will come soon enough, I know. The event with Sarah Anderson sounds really fun. I love her comics. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have slow reading times too but this week was really good for me. Hope you enjoy your time with your kiddo. Happy reading! I'm a blog follower and you can find my post for StS here if you'd like to stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That letter writing challenge is a great idea. I may try it myself. I also live in your area and really wanted to go to see Sarah Anderson. But it was on a school night and I don't like driving in to SF unless I have lots of time (I am directionally challenged). I did go to the Laini Taylor event at A Great Good Place For Books in Oakland. It is a really tiny bookstore, so it makes it feel really intimate. I hope we can run into each other at one of these events. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you could have your kid home for break.

    Sarah's book and the illustrations look fun. Neat writing kit. I just unearthed a huge pile of my old stationary in a box I've had for years and had to fire off two letters on it to friends and family just for fun.

    Have a great week, Velvet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. School break and old friends are perfect for unplugging and playing tourist. Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu