Sunday, April 19, 2009

NANA v.3 by Ai Yazawa


NANA v.3 by Ai Yazawa
Genre: Romance
Published: 2006 English version
Paperback: 183 pages
Rating: 3

Inspiration: part of manga series I started last year and want to continue

Description from book:
Moving to Tokyo, Nana Komatsu and Nana Osaki walk fearlessly toward their new lives. One is hoping to put her capricious love life behind her; the other wants to become a rock'n'roll star. What follows is a thundering blast of sex, music, fashion, gossip and all-night parties!

Things are slowly coming together for Nana Osaki. The guitarist and drummer from her old band have joined her in Tokyo and she's finally found a ripping new bass player to replace Ren Honjo. The Black Stones are back and they're ready to kick some ass.

Nana Komatsu, however, can't shake her old nemesis, The Demon Lord. She's stuck in a dead-end job and there's trouble brewing with her boyfriend, Shoji. He's been working late and hasn't exactly been the most attentive lover. Poor Nana. Life in Tokyo is turning out to be a total bummer.


My thoughts:
In-a-word: Changes
I liked this photo of the two Nanas on the left. Nana on the top is the rock-n-roll one and the bottom is the sweet one.
This series is my manga soap opera fix. The rock-n-roll Nana is my favorite and I'm looking forward to watching her growth into a superstar babe!

FYI: This was the last book read for my read-a-thon. Read about my progress and results here.
 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu