Sunday, June 28, 2009

Author: Mandy Hubbard

Mandy Hubbard
author of Prada and Prejudice

(my review here)

I'm excited to present my first author interview blog. It's short, but sweet!

Mandy Hubbard grew up on a dairy farm outside Seattle, where she refused to wear high heels until homecoming—and hated them so much she didn’t wear another pair for five years. A cowgirl at heart, she enjoys riding horses and quads and singing horribly to the latest country tune. She’s currently living happily ever after with her husband (who, sadly, is not a duke) and her daughter (who is most definitely a princess). Prada and Prejudice is her first novel.

Mandy's thoughts on...

- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

I don't think any author in history will ever be able to create another Mr. Darcy-- a character women everywhere obsess over, compare their boyfriends to, and dream about. I think I'd eat an entire gallon of curdled milk with a spoon for one date with Mr. Darcy. I mean, the whole novel is pretty dang amazing, but Mr. Darcy steals every scene he's in. (Don't tell my husband I'm obsessed.)

- Fashion

I wish I could pretend to be a fashion guru! I think becuase I wrote a book like Prada & Prejudice, people get the impression I'm a fashionable person. I only JUST discovered jeans that fit me properly, so I consider that my shining achievement. If you're 5'10, its nearly impossible to find pants that are long enough. (BUCKLE is the place to shop, seriously.) I'm always behind on trends. Would you believe me if I told you I just bought Uggs knock-offs like two months ago? Yeah, I am THAT far behind.

- Current favorite fashion wear or accessory

I love layering tank tops! That's my current favorite fashion, paired with jeans and some cute flip-flops.

Thanks a bunch Mandy!

For my Prada and Prejudice contest, I asked for everyone's favorite fashion wear/accessories.

Here are the results:

Alexa - gold earrings

austenfan - beaded (blue and purple) necklace

Bee - red ray ban wayfarers

Blodeuedd - my ballet flats

Briana - my mother's diamond ring that she gave me for my 16th birthday

Celia - Sam Edelman 'Giada' sandals

Christy - skinny headbands

Debbie - my watch

Diana - plain leather band ring with a crystal in the middle which I won from a contest

Emily - my wedding ring

fayeflame - hoop earrings

Jenn - necklace my mom gave me a couple years ago

Jennifer - Tiffany necklace my husband surprised me with this past Christmas

Kim - necklace my mom gave me

Lin17 - bracelet embedded with different gemstones

Lizzy - headband

Lucile - checkered scarf--it's about eight colors and woven and silk maybe?

Marie - bracelet I won that has the word mother in several different languages

Megan - necklace I got for my birthday

Melanie - black bracelet that says "wish" in white letters

Paradox - beaded bracelets that I make myself

Rebecca - Turkish Puzzle Ring

Sara - ring my boyfriend got me for Christmas a couple years ago
throuthehaze - ring I recently won in a contest

Sylvia - earrings and headbands, especially ones with ribbon, it makes me feel more feminine:)

Trisha - my engagement ring

and for me - my orange Vans









Thanks again to all the contestants!
 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu