Friday, July 17, 2009

Jane Bites Back

So, I went home last night and my mail included the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly. I immediately went to the Books segment - my fave and found a blurb about yet another, yes another, another Austen paranormal-related book!

Jane Bites Back
by Michael Thomas Ford

Release date: December 29, 2009

Although it is for sale at amazon.com there is no cover image and description available, yet.

Description from Publisher's Weekly:
The novel presents an undead Jane Austen, frustrated by nearly 200 years of writer's block and 116 rejections of an unpublished novel she finished just before turning into a vampire; she's becoming increasingly irritated that the rest of the world seems to be getting rich and famous off of her works and her life.

My thoughts:
What a hoooooooooooot!
So, our sweet Jane could be undead and un-living among us?!?
She could even be writing some the off-shoot Austen books we've been reading under a pseudonym!?!

I want this book.

OK, I'm game. I've got Austen fever. I'll do another giveaway.

If you'd like a copy of this book answer me this in the comments below:

To avoid sightings, Jane (as vampire) most likely moved from England to live in obscurity.

Where do you think Jane is living in the present day?

Entries: open to all countries

Deadline: Monday, December 28, 2009, 8pm PST December 31, 2009

Prize: Jane Bites Back
by Michael Thomas Ford

Winner announced: Tuesday, December 29, 2009
The winner will also be contacted via email and the prize will be mailed within a week of receiving mailing address.

This is definitely the year of Jane Austen. Thanks to the Everything Austen Challenge hosted by Stephanie's Written Word for sharing the Austen love.




~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Contest has ended - winner is here

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu