Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday - 5

I'm waiting for...

Gone
by Lisa McMann

Release Date: February 9, 2010

-because I saw this on Dissecting Perfection yesterday and got really excited to see this new cover. But most especially looking forward to this book because it is part of the Wake trilogy.


About the book cover from Lisa's blog:
Fun story -- When I was on tour for FADE, I was in talks with my editor Jen Klonsky and the artist who did my first two covers, Sammy Yuen (who rocks, right?) about what sort of cover we were going to do for GONE. Anyway, Sammy had an idea to use an empty chair for the cover, which works SO GREAT with the story (you'll find out why when you read). They asked me to send pictures of chairs I liked so that we could get style ideas. So when I was at the Clift Hotel in San Francisco I saw this cool, simple chair in a spotlight in the lobby. I loved it, so I took a photo of the chair on my cell phone. Sammy created the cover based on that chair.

The other cool thing is that the Clift Hotel was the same hotel whose manager let me keep Miss Spoobin. Aren't they a great group?
read more

* Waiting on Wednesday
was created by Jill at Breaking the Spine
 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu