Thursday, January 28, 2010

Vampire Readings dress

If books were dresses...

(a weekly post where I create fashionable wear with book cover art)

Vampire Readings:
An Annotated Bibliography
by Patricia Altner

-definitely a source for those who like lists

Description from the amazon:
It was only a little more than 100 years ago, when Bram Stoker wrote the now famous Dracula, that vampire myths began to achieve their current popularity. Hundreds of books now portray vampires in a variety of non-traditional roles, including aliens from outer space, private detectives, and time travelers.

"Vampire Readings" is an annotated bibliography of 779 entries divided into five sections: Novels; Anthologies and Novellas; Young Adult; Additional Readings; Unread Undead. The largest section is Novels and here, besides a summary of the plot (without spoilers), the author indicates where each novel may fit into other genres such as science fiction/fantasy, mystery, romance, etc. Works by such writers as Anne Rice, Tanya Huff, Christopher Pike, Tanith Lee, Barbara Hambly, Kim Newman, and, of course, Bram Stoker are discussed in "Vampire Readings". Separate author and title indexes are included.

*** Interview & contest giveaway ***
from Vampire Wire

excerpt:
MARTA: Hi, Patricia, and welcome to Vampire Wire! Would you please tell us the book that first sparked your passion for vampire and paranormal fiction?

PATRICIA: Hi Marta, thanks so much for inviting me here.

Actually my passion for paranormal fiction came first when I read a collection of stories by H. P. Lovecraft. I think I was about 10 years old at the time. His stories terrified me and kept me from sleeping at night and yet I found them so fascinating. I was hooked!

As for vampires, I first became enamored with them when watching "Dark Shadows" (guess I'm showing my age). Around the same time a friend loaned me a copy of Bram Stoker's Dracula. I could not put it down. That was one scary book! Still, I found the connection between Mina and the Count very intriguing, even romantic. It wasn't until much later I discovered I was not the only one who felt that way.

read more

=+=
*if you would like to learn how to make your own Book Fashion silhouette, let me know in comments with your email
*source for silhouette
*part of Ms V's Vampire Week
*don't forget to enter the Vampire Haiku giveaway offer this week



 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu