Saturday, October 29, 2011

Alice in Whenland stop in: Between


Our Alice finds herself in another time shift and is witness to this scene...

~-~-~-~-~ guest ~-~-~-~-~
by Cyndi Tefft
~-~-~-~-~ guest ~-~-~-~-~

Excerpt: from Between

He hoisted himself up in one fluid motion, then called out something to the horse and it took off like a shot through the gardens. His arm tightened around my stomach and I leaned against him, holding my breath, but it wasn’t long before I relaxed and began to enjoy the wind on my face.

Aiden’s chest pressed against my back and his thighs held me firmly in place. We moved together as one, gliding in the saddle as the horse slowed to a steady gallop. The trees blurred with our passing and wisps of my hair tickled my cheeks. It was like riding in a speedboat with the wind swirling around me, but I felt a connection with the horse and the earth as we moved, something innately satisfying. The ride was over all too soon as we slowed to a walk at the edge of a clearing.

“I thought you might like to stop here and have a picnic,” he said, his breath warm on my cheek. He swung down easily and offered me his hand. I wasn’t nearly so graceful as I dismounted, but he caught me in his arms. He stopped me halfway down with my breasts pressed tight against his chest. My heart caught in my throat at the sudden flame of passion in his eyes. His lips hovered before mine for a moment too long, but then he loosened his grip and let me slide the rest of the way to the ground.

“Well, did you enjoy it?” he asked, his voice a shade deeper than usual. I wasn’t sure if he meant the horseback riding or the fact that I had been pressed against him, but the answer was an emphatic ‘yes’ regardless.

“I loved it.”

~end

Guest post created for October Trix-n-Treatz event by Cyndi Tefft, author of Between
© 2011. All rights reserved.

Visit Cyndi:
Website
Facebook
Goodreads
Shelfari
Twitter

~-~-~-~-~ guest ~-~-~-~-~
by Cyndi Tefft
~-~-~-~-~ guest ~-~-~-~-~

READ more about these characters here...

--~ Book Giveaway courtesy of author ~--

Between
by Cyndi Tefft

signup to win this book


~*~

* image source Alice in Clockwork by Strangeling

-+0+o+ October Trix-n-Treatz schedule +o+0+-


 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu