Thursday, May 3, 2012

Interview with Henrietta Tilney from David Doub

~-~-~-~-~ guest ~-~-~-~-~
by David Doub
~-~-~-~-~ guest ~-~-~-~-~

As I reach for the door handle fear causes me to freeze. I know this interview is a bad idea, but all in the name of promotion right?

So I open the door and I make sure to drop a rock in the door’s path to ensure the door can’t be shut all the way. That way it can’t be potentially locked or barred.

I finally notice the room and its contents. In the center of the room is a simple table and chair. Both are situated in the path of sunlight from the only window. On the table is a Remington Standard Typewriter. Next to the typewriter is a cup of tea with a spoon on the saucer. Seated in the chair was the subject of my interview. She had her hands poised over the typewriter ready to transcribe everything we said. Her face and body language seemed to speak of polite society and decorum, but I knew better.

Considering the hell I’ve put this woman through, I suspect she may have ulterior motives for agreeing to this interview.

H: What the bloody hell are you doing here?

I think I’m the one that’s supposed to be asking the questions.

H: Why do you get to ask the questions?

B/c that’s what I was supposed to do for the blog… but now I have to explain what a blog is. So just go with it.

H: Well, go on with it.

How do you feel about a comic being made about your misadventures?

H: What do you mean a comic is being made about my adventures? They aren’t misadventures, are they? I mean I’m still alive right?

Crap, I mean an illustrated penny dreadful. Well, if you have a positive outlook on things then we can call them adventures.

H: That’s better.

So what do you think of your adventures being made into fiction then?

H: Am I at least proportional in these ones? I’m pretty sure I was a buxom milkmaid in one of Harwood’s versions, which was fairly inappropriate.

Oh, that. Well for the uhm full picture we do have excerpts of Harwood’s text, but it’s mostly accurate as we can get. But you can’t blame me for the things that do happen to you that are less than flattering. I actually feel a tad guilty about all that.

H: I don’t think I believe you… if you really do feel guilty, then why do you keep making things so dreadful, anyway? You have the power to stop this you know.

But I’m trying to appeal the readers first and foremost. And most readers like drama, so in the name of drama you must suffer. So in a way, your sacrifice is helping plenty of readers escape their own lives and woes. So it’s all worthwhile in the end.

H: Maybe for them! At this point, I have to consider surviving a good day.

Okay that is total BS. You suffer for other’s enjoyment. If you want something more out of your life, then you are going to have to make it better. No one else has a vested interest in your happy ending. They want to see a strong woman to prevail over all obstacles in an ever escalating spiral.

H: They’ll at least get the strong woman bit then. With any luck, they’ll get the prevailing part too.

So back to the original question, your only thought about a book about you is that you want the bust size to be correct?

H: No, no (although that would be preferable, please). I just hope that the readers find my suffering to be suitably entertaining for you.

Are you being sarcastic? But oh look we ran out of room/time because of all your digressions so we’ll just have to end the interview here. (/run)

(And with that I quickly get up and leave the room before her benevolent mask drops and I am deep in trouble).

H: Fairly sarcastic, yes. Oh well, good day then? (…bloody coward… can’t even survive an interview with his own character.)

(I hear her words in the background, but I’m already halfway down the stairs, looking for the nearest exit).

~end

Guest post created by David Doub, author of The Trials and Tribulations of Miss Tilney
© 2012. All rights reserved.

Visit David:
Website
Facebook
Twitter

~-~-~-~-~ guest ~-~-~-~-~
by David Doub
~-~-~-~-~ guest ~-~-~-~-~


READ more about this world...

The Trials and Tribulations of Miss Tilney
by David Doub
-comic book

Cub Reporter Henrietta Tilney is sent on her first assignment, to interview accused mass murderer Lord Beowulf Harwood. But young Henrietta quickly finds out there is much more to this story and its subject Lord Harwood. Will this plucky young reporter get her story and survive with her life intact?

A Penny Dreadful in three parts!

Written by David Doub
Art by Sarah Elkins
Colors by Danielle Alexis
Letters by Joamette Gil


PeekAbook:

page 1


page 8


My two-bits:
In-a-word(s): feisty
Rating: 5
Great start to the 3 part series! I read the ebook version of this story and loved the colors and illustrations as much as I would have a print copy.

This Victorian Gothic storyline had a paranormal and steampunk feel to it. I am very curious to see how the rest plays out.

--~ Comic Book (digital version) Giveaway courtesy of author ~--


WIN a copy of this Comic eBook!
for 5 winners

Open to all.

Offer ends: May 13, 2012 --> extended to May 31

TO DO:

TELL ME...

What was the last comic book you read?

IF none, which one of these genres would you be interested in experiencing? (pick one)

Comedy
Fantasy
Paranormal
Romance
Steampunk
Superhero
Zombie

AND, leave your email (if I don't already have it)

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Contest has ended - winner is here

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

~*~

* review copy and images courtesy of author

***~*~* Fairy Tales in Bruges III schedule *~*~***

 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu