Monday, December 26, 2016

Fall With Me by Jayne Frost

Fall With Me
by Jayne Frost

Find out more about this book and author:
Amazon
Goodreads
BookExcerpt
Website
Facebook
Pinterest
Tumblr
Twitter @jaynefrostbooks

Just released: December 15, 2016
Publisher: Sixth Street Press
Genre: New Adult, Romance
ebook
Rating: 4

Sixth Street Bands series:
Gone for You
Fall With Me

First sentence(s):
I pulled to a stop of Hut's burgers and glanced at Logan. he gave me a wide smile, his face half-hidden under the black Batman mask we'd picked up at Party City.

As the bassist for the band Caged, the last three years have been one, long non-stop party. Sure, I’ve had some regrets. Everyone does. But getting trapped in a relationship isn’t one of them. I know good and well what happens when the attraction fades. I’ve seen it first hand. Love is a zero sum game, so why play? As long as I'm upfront about my feelings, no one gets hurt. Besides, I'm never in one place long enough to worry about tomorrow. That is, until the band decided to take an extended hiatus in our hometown. That’s when I met Melody Sullivan. She’s the full-package. Whip smart and beautiful, with enough determination to take on anything life has in store. And the best part? Melody shares my philosophy on the fleeting nature of attraction. She doesn’t buy into the whole “happily ever after” crap anymore than I do. We’re perfect for each other. For now. And now is all I want. With the expectations off the table, I can let my guard down and enjoy her company until the spark dies. And we both know it will. In a week, or a month. But until then, we’ll just keep having fun. The good kind, with lots of sex and no strings attached. And when it’s time to move on, we will. No drawn out goodbyes and no remorse. That’s the plan, at least.

My two-bits:

This is a good one to read during the holiday season as some scenes are set then.

The story is told from the male perspective which adds to the rock and roll vibe. He is not only musically talented, but can be quite brainy.

Along with hot and steamy scenes, this story develops in a gentle way. With both characters falling in love despite inner struggles.

Being part of a series, there is some development with the surrounding characters as well. Always fun to catch up with them.

~*~

* review copy courtesy of author

 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu